- MX2+ has lights on the drive unit which indicate your battery level.
- An attendant control button set is available as an accessory. This is not only great for regular wheelchairs, but for tilt in space manual wheelchairs.
- MX2+ can be switched to training mode while users get familiar with the operation.
- MX2+ is OK in rain and through puddles (but not to be submerged in water!)
- MX2+ is great to use in conjunction with the FreeWheel.
- Power Assist device which fits onto rigid and folding frame wheelchairs. Ideal for anyone wanting to minimise risk of shoulder injury, with existing shoulder injury or requires power assist for mobility.
Ultra light, powerful, wireless connectivity to wrist band.
The SmartDrive is FDA Approved (click here) / CE Marked (click here) and likely covered by your insurance, including Medicare, the VA, Workers Comp, and most private insurance. The insurance billing code is E0986 (click here). You will need to get a prescription for the SmartDrive from your doctor or therapist. You can print out this flyer (click here) and bring it in with you. Sample Letters of Medical Necessity (LMN) and Medicare Guidelines are also provided to help with funding: FUNDING DOCUMENTS
The SmartDrive reduces the number of repetitive pushes you do each day by taking over once you get going. It does not do all the work, so you are still getting plenty of exercise and activity. It just protects you from pushing too much.
Your insurance will not cover preventative medicine, so you need to qualify based on a condition that limits your independent mobility. There are many ways to qualify, including: pain in your shoulders or wrists, easily fatigued by pushing, difficulty pushing over carpet, or difficulty pushing up ramps or hills. It is up to you to protect yourself and ensure your shoulders stay healthy. Remember, you are your best advocate. Good luck!
Document For Airline Passenger
Watch the videos and learn why the MX2 is a giant leap forward in power assist technology.